Career Area:Information Analytics
The Cat® Digital group is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., responsible for bringing world class capabilities to our products and services. With over one million connected assets worldwide, we're focused on using data, advanced analytics, and AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world. To accomplish this, we’re deploying analytics that generate insights, recommend optimized decisions, and improve products by intelligently integrating massive quantities of telematics information, transactional records, images, unstructured documents, and other data sources.
Join our group of world-class data scientists and apply deep learning to remote sensor data to diagnose potential issues and schedule proactive repairs before failures arise. Or improve products and product recommendations by developing a detailed understanding of how customers use their Cat equipment. Or use the insights gained from equipment and customer profiles to design customized service offerings that maximize our customers’ value of their Cat equipment fleets. We’re doing meaningful work to help our customers build a better world.
The Condition Modeling Analytics Team within Cat Digital’s Analytics organization seeks a talented and motivated Analytics Modeling Manager to lead the Failure Modeling team. The Analytics Modeling Manager is a hands-on manager who also demonstrates significant strategic thinking while leading a group of data scientists to develop, production deploy, and support analytics models that power condition monitoring solutions for our dealers, and improve total cost of ownership for our customers.
- The Analytics Modeling Manager is an excellent communicator with a clear track record of successful execution and value delivery.
- The incumbent needs a breadth of knowledge and experience, with deeper expertise in at least two domains such as product development, design, manufacturing, marketing, logistics, purchasing, digital and/or aftermarket services.
- The right candidate demonstrates extremely strong customer focus, compelling leadership, and solid initiative, and is also analytically expert, with firsthand experience designing, implementing, and deploying analytics solutions.
- This role requires technical expertise to supervise highly technical analytics and software development work, assess technical talent, and guide technical employee development. Hands-on work on select projects is expected. This role also requires a long-range focus on business strategy.
- Key responsibilities include:
- Planning for future resources and developing capabilities in terms of people and technology
- Consciously creating and maintaining an organizational culture that encourages innovation, collaboration, and customer focus
- Fostering a sense of urgency toward business objectives
- Involving and integrating key stakeholders to ensure project success
- Communicating alignment of analytics to business strategy, goals, and direction
- Continuous product and process improvement.
- B.S. in data science, computer science, applied mathematics/statistics, engineering, physics, or similar field with quantitative coursework (advanced degree desirable)
- 12 years of work experience in technical and/or leadership roles, including 8 years in analytics, engineering, and/or quantitative analysis roles, and 4 years leadership experience over analytics, digital, and/or software development teams
TOP CANDIDATE WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Familiarity with Caterpillar products, applications, data, and digital solutions a strong plus
- Practical experience applying advanced statistical methods, machine learning, and/or deep learning to solve technical or business challenges
- Passion and skills for recruiting, interviewing, pipeline development, and the care and feeding of teams
- Python programming skills for data analysis (numpy, pandas, pytorch, keras, etc.)
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
This position has the option to be based out of either our Chicago, IL, Peoria, IL, or Champaign, IL offices, with flexibility for partial work from home.
Relocation is not available for this position.Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .