Career Area:Administrative Support
Primary function to assist with Turbomachinery Equipment in the Workshop and the Field with highly specialized competence and efficiency.
Disassembles, inspects, balances, assembles, reworks and tests turbomachinery equipment to exact tolerances. Installation and Commissioning.
The Rotating Equipment Engineering Technician duties Including but not limited to:
- Disassembles and inspects Rotating Equipment to determine repair requirements _ Hands-on function
- Completes inspection reports determining scrap, refurbishment or replacement of components
- Using all required equipment to fulfill this role
- Tests and dynamically balances rotating elements _ Hands-on.
- Reads complex engineering blueprints, drawings and diagrams
- Prepares sketches for manufacturing of required parts and assets.
- Ensures that machinery and test equipment is functioning properly
- Performance routine maintenance on machinery and test equipment
- Performs housekeeping tasks as required
- Meets quality and specification standards
- Ability to validate whether equipment meets the specification for required service
- Uses various precision measurement devices
- Calculates various mathematical formulas to determine part dimensions and tolerances
- Follows safety and environmental rules, company policies and procedures in carrying out duties
- Serves as a knowledge resource for less experienced technicians and trains them as and when required by RE Dept. Supervisor.
- Will be required to perform and lead Field Service Activities
- Will be required to Travel for above mentioned duty.
- On-time delivery
- Reduction in costs/wastage and scrap
- Abide by the Heath, Safety, Environment and Quality policy followed by the company at all times.
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree/Diploma
- 10-15 Years Turbomachinery Specialist Experience: Steam/Gas Turbines, Gas Compressors and its auxiliaries, pumps, LV MV and HV Motors.
- Strong product understanding
- Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, fluid dynamic principles
- Ability to adapt to procedures and techniques to meet customer requirements
- Understanding of engineering drawings.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments. Always handles customer with respect.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality. Meets customer requirements.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build moraleVisa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .