Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
CATERPILLAR - WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the day-to-day troubleshooting and preventative/predictive maintenance. Acts as a material handling technician on all equipment that is installed at a specific site location.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Using problem solving and critical thinking, additional key responsibilities include the following:
- Repair and maintenance of MHE including belt tracking, component adjustment/replacement, component lubrication, etc.
- Complete preventative maintenance routines, documentation, and procedures
- Use electrical test equipment to troubleshoot electrical circuitry
- Create and close work orders into asset management system with appropriate data to include labor hours, equipment maintenance, and parts used
- Troubleshoot semi-complex problems and understand resources needed to resolve them
- Locate and track spare parts from inventory
- Perform routine maintenance and equipment testing to ensure they meet specifications
- Respond to service calls and correct equipment failures and faults
- Identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them
- Develop and maintenance positive working relationships across all levels of the organization
- At least 1 year of electrical troubleshooting experience to include wiring, ac power, ac motors, electrical drawings/schematics, and control panels
- Mechanical experience with gearboxes, sprockets, chains, bearings, guide rollers, etc.
- Experience with servo drives, PLC, PC controllers, DC power supplies, optical devices (i.e., encoders, photoeyes, etc.)
- Knowledge of conveyor equipment/systems
- Must be able to evaluate, analyze, and troubleshoot equipment failures and perform root cause corrective action to prevent reoccurrence
Top Candidates will also have:
- Associate degree or vocational technical training is a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- This position will close on 5/29/2022 at 11:59pm.
- This position is located in Griffin, GA.
- Shift hours: Sunday - Wednesday 8:00p - 6:30a
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Employee benefit details
- Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
- Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers .
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .