Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
This role is part of a shared service organization that is responsible for monitoring, reporting, and assisting with corrective action as needed on complex governance issues. Supports a variety of programs, priority projects, and regular processes across a complex business. Key activities include standard procurement processes support, assisting with program governance and management, systems design, and integration. This position includes gathering relevant information, analyzing information and data, identifying relationships, and predicting and managing failure Works with the Governance Manager to monitor and improve governance on procurement related activities in support of the Elevate and ProCure strategies. Opportunities include challenging the status quo, championing the Elevate Strategy, collaborating with team members and other teams, and keeping abreast of advancing technology, regulations, and internal policies.
Activities include reviewing the work of other support personnel, providing technical advice to individuals at various levels in the organization, and working within other units or teams. Assignments include the ability to function as an individual contributor or function as part of a project team including leading some efforts. The incumbent must be able to analyze data and information, apply appropriate techniques and knowledge to solve problems and make recommendations.
- Vendor Master Data Management
- Supplier On Boarding
- Procurement related SOX Reporting
- Application Provisioning
- Procurement related operational reporting
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships and predict and manage failures is critical.
- Opportunities include challenging the status quo and championing new initiatives, collaborating with team members and other teams, and keeping abreast of advancing technology and regulations.
- Decisions may affect the work group or project team, suppliers, multiple units and both internal and external customers.
- Individuals may have multiple assignments during their tenure as a Compliance Professional.
- Assignments may require reviewing the work of other support personnel, provide technical advice to individuals at various levels in the organization and work with another unit or team.
- Assignments will become more complex and may require assuming a significant role, either as an individual contributor or as part of a project team, with increasing emphasis on analyzing, identifying and applying techniques to solve problems and make recommendations.
- Compliance professionals must manage their own development, continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology and regulation changes.
- Key learning should be rounded out during this tenure including knowledge of Caterpillar and competitive product performance and application, understanding of customers’ needs, working knowledge of key processes, data analysis and data extraction skills. Project management skills are being honed at this level.
- Performs standard assignments that require some interpretation of data and regulations, identification of problem sources, and possible remedial actions.
- Requires some interpretation of data and regulations, identification of problem sources, and possible remedial actions.
- Bachelor’s/university degree required
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in the following:
- Global procurement, third-party risk management, governance or compliance, or equivalent consulting experience
- Procurement processes and related risks
- Project and process management
- Demonstrated experience:
- Managing multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Developing documents and presenting complex information to colleagues at all levels
- Facilitating collaboration and alignment among stakeholders
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Global experience in professional services or consulting environment is a plus
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and strong customer focus
- Experience within or leadership of a shared services organization
- Working knowledge of Procure to Pay activities (emphasis on procurement)
- Procurement related SOX Reporting
- Caterpillar Enterprise Procedures, Purchasing Practices, and Policies
- Knowledge of Vendor Master Data Management
- Knowledge of procurement processes
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and data
- This position would ideally be located in Peoria, IL ; however open to considering other Caterpillar facilities within the U.S. (candidates permanent address must be within 50-mile driving distance to a Caterpillar facility)
- For a full list of U.S. Caterpillar facilities please visit: https://www.caterpillar.com/en/company/global-footprint/americas/united-states.html
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .