Are you an engineer with solid experience with different system teams across a variety of functions and highly motivated to take your abilities to the next level? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you to join the Medium Wheel Loaders (MWL) team in Caterpillar’s Earthmoving Division as a Senior Design Engineer!
This position will have design control responsibility for the existing 950-982 MWL linkage systems as well as newly developed linkages or components through the NPI process. Option for hybrid work environment (remote and on site). Must be available to work on site when necessary.
Job Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading and collaborating across functional groups in the design, development and maintenance of MWL structural systems
- Developing MWL linkage designs for 950-982 MWL platforms
- Ensuring design meets technical and financial requirements
- Supporting the team through machine and system level virtual product development simulations
To be successful in this role, you must bring ( Basic Qualifications ):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, Agricultural, Chemical, Material Science, etc.)
- 6+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Proficiency with Creo 3D Modeling and Creo Simulate (FEA) or similar CAE package
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- An advanced engineering degree or relevant product development experience
- Significant experience in welded structure design (load analysis, mechanics, fatigue, fracture mechanics)
- Understanding of kinematic analysis, measured data analysis, and engineering releasing systems
- Proficiency with Dynasty or similar systems modeling software
- Ability to thrive in dynamic and flexible environment
- Solid business acumen
- Ability to progress several projects of varying complexity
Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position
How We Support You (Employee Benefits)
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a yearly bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work.
Learn about Caterpillar at www.caterpillar.com
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
#LI #LI-hybrid #NowHiring #ProductionManagerJobs #Hiring
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .