CATERPILLAR - WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work!
As an Engineering Project Team Lead in the core components team, you will have leadership responsibility for cylinder heads, engine blocks, combustion joints, housings, and other core engine castings within Large Power Systems Division. You will contribute to the development of diesel, natural gas, and alternative fuel reciprocating engines serving a variety of customers across the world. You will partner with a global team of engineers, suppliers, and production facilities to develop products throughout their lifecycle through the phases of concepting, design, validation, production, and post-production support.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads team in the execution of New Product Introduction and New Technology Introduction programs
- Acts as the spokesperson for the team in meetings with multiple levels of management and with the customer.
- The incumbent would set strategy at the project level. The project would solve problems for a single technology, component, product, or process. Project scope will vary up to a moderate technical focus on a component, product, or process and will require incumbent to broaden business understanding.
- Ability to draw upon foundational product development skills such as conceptual design, development of product and/or process, data analysis & extraction, failure resolution & prevention, and requirements management is required; as well as, ever increasing skill in technical project management, development of product, internal and external requirements management, and cost-value management.
- Accountable for pulling together a team of individuals, who may or may not have worked together before, to solve a technical problem or create critical component(s) and systems or process.
- Pull input from the whole team to formulate decisions and develop the output for the job/project. Key areas of responsibility encountered in the role of team leader are: plan and manage the job/project; manage the business/financial aspects of the job or project; provide a supportive work environment for the team; mentor, coach, and develop others; and manage one’s own development.
- Direct and/or conduct analytical simulation work, providing boundary conditions, load inputs, and evaluation of results.
- Bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering or related curriculum and 6-8 years of relevant experience
- 15+ years of engineering or relevant experience can replace education requirement.
- Interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and strong communication skills
Top Candidates will also have:
- 10+ years of engineering or relevant experience
- Diesel and natural gas engine component or platform experience
- Experience with casting design and manufacturing
- New Product Introductions (NPI) and New Technology Introductions (NTI) experience
- Experience in FMEA, APQP, PCN, and PPAPs is a plus
- This position will close on 5/29/2022 at 11:59pm.
- This position is located in Lafayette, IN or Mossville, IL (Lafayette is the preferred location.)
- This position may require less than 10% travel.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Employee benefit details
- Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
- Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
- Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers .
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .