Career Area:Administrative Support
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
At Caterpillar, a brand recognized the world over, your office could be closer than you ever realized. Caterpillar’s highly flexible work environment fosters a culture to inspire unconventional ideas to accomplish remarkable results. With life demands ever-changing, Caterpillar provides employees the autonomy to choose their work location based on their daily commitments and how/where they work most efficiently and effectively. It’s time to start building what matters most, your career!
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Caterpillar’s Cybersecurity Team is seeking a Cybersecurity Governance Manager to lead Caterpillar’s Enterprise Cybersecurity Governance function. This position will be accountable for multiple Cybersecurity governance functions. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and mindsets to drive a holistic approach to cybersecurity are encouraged to apply. We are looking for relevant, collaborative leadership experience, proven global program execution ability and technical cybersecurity competency as key indicators of success for this role. The incumbent will service as the thought leader and have responsibility to maintain and continuously mature the Cybersecurity Governance Program.
- Establish Cybersecurity Governance function and structure with defined measures of success
- Establish and maintain the enterprise governance standards, structure, and associated reporting
- Drive prioritized policy compliance actions on a defined industry standard based methodology
- Leverage security program management to ensure alignment with enterprise business strategy
- Support and develop the Cybersecurity GRC vision and roadmap
- Lead and inspire a team of Cybersecurity Governance Specialists in a diverse set of measurement, governance, reporting, and analysis functions
- Govern the measurement and reporting of Cybersecurity risk and security framework adherence
- Establish, maintain, and continuously mature program metrics & scorecards
- Leverage program metrics and analytics to proactively identify, track, and report cyber risks
- Accountable for the delivery of accurate and timely information by working with all stakeholders to build reporting and assurance into Cybersecurity Governance activities
- Foster collaborative working relationships with security stakeholders across Caterpillar (IT, operations, business lines, risk management, and internal audit)
- Identify opportunities to create additional policies and processes as needed to bring the organization into the alignment with the Cybersecurity Program
- Assist the Deputy CISO in the definition and execution of the GRC strategy
- Bachelor (4-year) degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or other degrees in related fields
- 10+ years of experience in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Risk Management, Program Management, or related fields
- CISSP or other security related certification or ability and willingness to obtain within one year
- Collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Written and verbal communication skills; ability to present to senior leadership
- Demonstrated experience with advanced knowledge of Cybersecurity governance and risk management
- Experience leading stakeholders across separate functions to achieve a shared goal and providing regular status updates and progress metrics to management
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Master’s degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or other degrees in related fields
- Two or more of the following active certifications: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, GSTRT, GSEC
- Several years of experience Global Program Management in Cybersecurity, IT, or Architecture for a large global corporation
- Experience implementing and measuring cybersecurity maturity with frameworks such as NIST CSF or CMM
- Hands on experience with regulatory or authoritative regulatory source control libraries for the development of Cybersecurity policies
- Knowledge of security and compliance control frameworks of NIST, CIS, SOX, SOC, GDPR, ISO, COBIT
Location: Dallas, Texas; Nashville; Tennessee, East Peoria, Illinois
Relocation is offered
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/CareersRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .