A Staff Accountant I will independently perform staff level accounting functions that deal with accounting issues of normal complexity to support business processes and provide further experience with Caterpillar accounting practices.
From the outset, the Staff Accountant I will be expected to be a contributing performer, performing financial/decision support accounting work that supports business processes. Additionally, this position will:
- develop an expanded understanding of Caterpillar’s business and accounting practices, systems and procedures
- apply accounting knowledge
- participate on and lead teams
The incumbent will be exposed to a variety of accounting functions and will perform a high level of compilation with a broad range of analysis work. The Staff Accountant I will review clerical input, advise salaried employees and entry-level accountants, generate reports and provide related commentary. The Staff Accountant I will review and validate relevant data and data sources, analyze information and provide feedback. Incumbent works on challenging, low to medium risk issues and makes decisions and recommendations as appropriate. Work will be directed by an accounting supervisor primarily through review of progress and results.
Possible areas of responsibility are varied and of medium complexity, including:
- financial accounting, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations
- coordination of purchased services and transfer prices
- development and maintenance of internal controls and procedures, including Sarbanes-Oxley control documentation
- intercompany reconciliation and analysis
Possible areas of support could include:
- Sales / Cost of Sales Accounting
- General Ledger / Legal Entity Reporting & Analysis
- Capital Assets Accounting
- Financial Systems
- SOX Compliance
Interacts with multiple functional areas and levels of authority. The Staff Accountant I is capable of handling complex accounting issues such as:
- intercompany transactions
- sales and cost of sales reporting
- resolving financial reporting problems
The Staff Accountant I will demonstrate knowledge and ability to independently handle accounting issues. They will demonstrate good communication skills and have an expanded knowledge of Caterpillar’s businesses, products, suppliers and customers.
- 4-year degree, preferably in accounting
- 1-2 years of accounting experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Strong leadership, initiative, inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of local statutory accounting, currency, and tax and trade controls
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .