As a Senior Staff Accountant II at Caterpillar, you will lend technical expertise and perform complex accounting work that supports critical business decisions. This position provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about the Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD) and its efforts to support Caterpillar’s overall strategy.
This position provides business support to the Global Parts Distribution Operations team within Product Support & Logistics Division. In addition, this position provides more granular support to the Parts Distribution facilities located in the United States and across the Latin America region. In this role, the incumbent will have the opportunity to support the Parts Distribution Network Optimization initiative and Caterpillar's strategy to grow services revenue. This position provides a wide variety of business support across multiple functions, involving routine working relationships with our global team of Logistics Center Managers, as well as visibility to PSLD senior management.
Possible specific areas of responsibility could include but are not limited to:
- Communicating and analyzing monthly operations financial results and operational efficiencies
- Leading the annual business planning and quarterly RBM forecast process for the global operations team
- Preparing and analyzing forecast submissions
- Preparing OPACC impact analysis for various projects within the Parts Distribution organization
- Supporting OIA reporting for the Parts Distribution Network Optimization initiative
- Developing and supporting OPACC growth strategies
- Supporting operational strategy development & execution
- Supporting global footprint and sourcing strategies
- Supporting significant capital investment and network optimization programs
- Communicating / consulting to broad audience on financial impacts
- Providing general business support to the global team of Logistics Center Managers
The Senior Staff Accountant will provide expertise on complex business, financial and managerial issues. Incumbent will provide advice/recommendations to business unit managers and leaders often working on tactical and strategic business issues. Additionally, this position will/must:
- Have the ability to analyze and understand impact and have a broader perspective on specific accounting issues. This requires a comprehensive understanding of Caterpillar’s business accounting issues and full support of the unit leadership team.
- Act as a teacher on accounting issues to staff accountants as well as non-accountants
- Lead and/or direct teams within or outside of discipline addressing complex business analysis problems
- 4-year degree, preferably in accounting plus proven record of success at entry or lower levels
- 4-8 years of accounting experience
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Must demonstrate high levels of initiative, leadership, good judgment, the ability to communicate effectively, a broad understanding of accounting business processes, process improvement, and have a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar business, products, suppliers and customers.
- Must resolve issues independently and take responsibility for outcomes
- Prior experience in financial planning & analysis or business/investment analysis roles
At Caterpillar, a brand recognized the world over, your office could be closer than you ever realized. Caterpillar’s highly flexible work environment fosters a culture to inspire unconventional ideas to accomplish remarkable results. With life demands ever-changing, Caterpillar provides employees the autonomy to choose their work location based on their daily commitments and how/where they work most efficiently and effectively. It’s time to start building what matters most, your career!
This position will ideally be located in Morton, IL, however open to considering other Caterpillar facilities within the United States.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#LI-HybridRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .