PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: A wide variety of responsibilities may exist within the various Accounting units. Responsibilities vary, but may include one or more of the following duties:
1. Under supervision, performs accounting duties of entry level/moderate complexity. Some latitude for un-reviewed decisions is within the scope of delegated authority.
2. When inconsistencies or problems occur which are outside delegated authority, they are brought to the attention of management. Confers with management to determine the proper means by which to resolve these issues.
3. Applies knowledge of basic accounting methods and procedures.
4. May participate in accounting system development, testing and implementation.
5. May coordinate and review lower-level accounting work assignments for accuracy and completeness.
6. Understands the established continuous improvement objectives for the department. Measures progress toward the continuous improvement standards and ensure that the necessary measurements are maintained. Participates in the resolution of any identified problems. Analyzes data and makes all business decisions based on such analysis.
7. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Ability to seek out relevant information.
2. Ability to apply math computation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as, statistics and other mathematical concepts used in modeling.
3. Knowledge of accounting distribution and ability to verify correctness and completeness of such information.
4. Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and FASB regulations and procedures as they related to the particular area of accounting.
5. Demonstrated ability to create and maintain Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
6. Must demonstrate initiative, leadership, and the ability to communicate effectively.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related business discipline with 3-4 years’ experience in financial services / leasing companies.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .