For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We don’t just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customers needs. A legacy of talented and committed employees give Caterpillar its competitive edge. There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Caterpillar seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player to serve as Corporate Counsel, Competition Law in Deerfield, Illinois, USA or Peoria, Illinois, USA. Working with a talented and supportive team, this position will interface directly with business leaders to provide compliance advice and help develop the company’s legal position and strategy on compliance matters throughout the world. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented individual to join a world-class legal team and work on sophisticated, global issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Advise independently on a wide range of competition law related issues and have significant relevant experience in US and EU competition law
- Engage with attorneys supporting business units and business partners on competition law issues in support of business goals
- Represent the company in connection with inquiries by regulators and policymakers across the world
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop and implement long-term strategy
- Retain and manage outside counsel
- Review and advise business partners on pending and developing regulations
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 4+ years of relevant legal experience working on competition law matters, including EU competition law
- Experience developing approaches to legal challenges and providing legal advice
- Ability to interact effectively with clients at all levels in the organization and with other lawyers, both in-house and in private practice
Top Candidates will also have:
- Experience working with independent dealer and distribution structures
- Flexibility and eagerness to work on broad range of legal matters, including U.S. and European matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an absolute commitment to professionalism and collegiality
- Strong presentation skills with a calm, confident, practical and solutions-oriented approach
- Location: Peoria, IL or Deerfield, IL
- Domestic relocation is available for those who qualify
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .