As a strategy manager you will lead strategy and related governance for EAME region. This includes leadership of major initiatives including Leadership tables and services growth deployment as well as business insights for the region. The incumbent will also act as a Change Master, and a 6 Sigma Local Champion for DSD.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Reporting directly to this position are business consultants, data and business analytics consultants and project managers.
- You will be responsible for ensuring health and efficiency of Leadership tables and driving services growth plans in EAME DSD.
- Responsible for providing key business insights to the leadership team for strategic decision making.
- Defining and ensuring the implementation of the portfolio of projects that support DSD Strategies.
- Ensuring overall resource planning and alignment of departmental initiatives with planned strategy and leading the monthly governance process, by reviewing key initiatives and provide an analysis of progress as it relates to projected outcomes.
- Defining and ensuring that surveys, feedback meetings, and communication related to strategy deployment are conducted and that changes are implemented.
- As a member of the senior management team for the region, you will lead department strategy definition and communication and local business unit governance process.
- Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of their team.
- This position often confronts complex issues or problems, which require careful analysis and diagnosis. Problems are often unique, and solutions can require original approaches. The incumbent may modify existing approaches or develop new solutions. The incumbent establishes and then monitors general policies and guidelines for projects under his/her control to ensure specific, management goals are met, and desired results are achieved.
- Impacts all key divisional business goals, and many key dealer performance results. The position serves as an advisor/consultant to all district offices in region regarding strategy development and execution.
Skills and experience:
- The successful applicant will possess thorough knowledge of division strategies, roles, and expectations.
- Full time 6 Sigma or CPS experience strongly desired as is a complete understanding of company policies and procedures
- Formal Change Management training or experience is desired.
- Degree in related discipline would be advantageous but not essential for something with demonstrable experience.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience are typically required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
- Certified Change Master that oversees change management activities for DSD
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .