Under broad direction, provide definition, business analysis, and implementation of significant multi-phased projects, to provide business solutions to the assigned area. Provide research and assistance in design of systems to support business processes. Provide business technical assistance and guidance related to the architectural design and planning of computer systems and resources for the assigned area. Develop and provide training as required. Significant latitude for unreviewed actions and decisions is within the scope of delegated authority.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: A wide variety of responsibilities may exist within the various Business Analyst job roles. Responsibilities vary, but may include several of the following duties:
1.Reviews various reports to identify trends and/or other areas of concern.
2.Identifies and tracks input and processing errors within various systems used by assigned business area. Troubleshoots issues with reports for specified changes and ensures the issues have been resolved.
3.Performs analysis and reporting. Organizes and analyzes errors to identify their root causes and determine viable solutions (i.e. system improvements, triggering errors, mapping errors, human errors, training needs, etc.)
4.Develops, implements and provides ongoing metrics to insure the defined business process is adhered to, and the business process remains appropriate and effective to achieve the business objective.
5.Coordinates with business area management to define the scope, deliverables, and controls of projects for new and existing application development technologies and software capabilities.
6.Ensures new technology capabilities are compatible with the current application software architecture and the current technical architecture and business systems applications are compatible with existing business applications of FPD.
7.Analyzes and defines new processes and works with business area management to determine appropriate use of systems and system requirements to support the processes.
8.Works with other IS staff to research available technologies to be used for current and future business applications and systems. Assists in designing and integrating new business technologies into new and existing environments.
9.May perform Project Management duties for new applications or functionality such as project plans, charters, business cases, requirements, weekly status meetings/reports and conduct necessary manager or stakeholder meetings.
10.Works with IS staff to coordinate, to monitor and to report project status and ensures the delivery of quality solutions within agreed timeframes.
11.Develops the specifications for business systems enhancements or modifications and communicates the business area user needs to the IS staff.
12.Develops and maintains training materials, technical documentation, standards and procedures. Provides ongoing training and support of applications to end users and dealers.
13.May perform Testing Coordinator activities to ensure coverage, test plans, documentation of the functionality and tests processes within a release.
14.Participates in performing system testing of enhancements and ensures user acceptance testing is completed.
15.May perform Sox Audit Coordinator functions such as coordinating with Business Excellence to update the link, updating the list of responsibilities for process updates, coordinating review processes and conducting audits and reporting findings.
16.Analyzes and evaluates current business processes within the business area and their impact on the Financial Products Division (FPD). Coordinates with business area staff, Information Services (IS) and other Corporate Support Departments to define the scope, specifications, deliverables and controls of the project for new and existing application development technology and software capabilities.
17.Reviews best practice processes within the industry. Determines if current processes are best practice and if current systems are adequately utilizing and supporting the processes. Works with business areas to determine appropriate systems and system requirements to support the processes.
18.May perform Website Content Owner and/or Access Coordinator responsibilities to ensure content of website is current and functional, grant access to users and provide support.
19.Participate in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participate in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
20.Understands the Harassment policy of the company and for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply math computation skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as statistics and other mathematical concepts.
2. Working knowledge of procedures and operations of the business area.
3. Advanced knowledge of business area systems, applications and processes, more specifically, how they inter-relate.
4. Demonstrated ability to train and advise employees on the processes and procedures of the business area.
5. Advanced ability to successfully lead process improvement or development teams.
6. Advanced ability to identify systems’ deficiencies and recommend new technology to correct the deficiencies.
7. Advanced knowledge of computer systems operations sufficient to analyze systems for implementation applicability in the business area.
8. Advanced knowledge of documentation and flowcharting techniques.
9. Advanced ability to perform acceptance testing and ensure business technology supports the business objectives.
10. Advanced ability to make various types of presentations to all levels of the Caterpillar organization and dealers.
11. Advanced ability to advise employees on the use of computers and software packages.
12. Working knowledge of finance/leasing products, policies and procedures.
13. Working knowledge of credit and financial management concepts and principles.
14. Working knowledge of the industries served by Caterpillar dealers.
15. Working knowledge of insurance concepts.
16. Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply project leadership and project management skills.
A 4-year college or university degree in any discipline and a minimum of 6 years exempt experience in information services, contract administration, credit, customer services, collections, marketing, finance, accounting, insurance and/or project planning is recommended. Previous exempt work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain knowledge, skills, and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached. Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .