Career Area:Information Analytics
Provide analysis of data and methodologies used in Cat Financial’s Allowance Process with emphasis on compliance with the Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) accounting framework. Support the team’s development, implementation and management of scoring, probability of default and loss given default data, models and methodologies utilized for the Allowance Process, as well as Auto Decisioning processes globally. Provide analytics expertise and promote innovation and process automation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports the Risk Analytics team in all activities pertaining to the CECL regulation, acting as the methodology, systems and data expert.
Interfaces with Accounting team to ensure compliance with accounting rules and adoption of best practices for data, models and methodologies employed for allowance calculations.
Researches and maintains deep knowledge in industry best practices pertaining to credit risk modeling and CECL compliance.
Proposes and implements continuous improvements of Cat Financial’s processes and methodologies.
Leads projects and conducts ongoing communication with Information Technology teams to ensure models and methodologies are correctly implemented and tested.
Provides technical expertise in support of Decision Technology processes and the choice of data and scoring methodology providers globally, as well as the implementation and maintenance of acquired solutions.
Supports the Decision Technology Consultant with data gathering and wrangling, as well as decision rules implementation and maintenance.
Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department.
Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
Understands the Harassment policy of the company and for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Advanced knowledge of and the ability to apply analytical skills and techniques.
2. Extensive subject matter expertise in industry-standard commercial credit risk modeling concepts and techniques
3. Knowledge and prior experience with main Moody’s credit risk modeling products (e.g. RiskCalc, ImpairmentStudio, RiskFrontier).
4. Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, FASB regulations and accounting principles.
5. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and visual analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI).
6. Demonstrated ability and aptitude to learn to use various reporting and analysis tools.
7. Intellectual curiosity and external focus.
8. Thorough knowledge of and advanced ability to apply math computation skills.
9. Thorough knowledge of CFSC’s financing and leasing products.
10. Advanced ability to concentrate on results while being flexible to achieve goals.
11. Advanced ability to work on multiple projects with shifting priorities.
12. Sense of urgency and willingness to be accountable for own work.
13. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships working effectively with others inside and outside the company.
14. Demonstrated ability to strive for quality as well as timeliness maintaining perspective as to the outcome of the decisions.
15. Demonstrated ability to learn and take proactive steps to increase knowledge showing a commitment to the business.
A 4-year college or university degree in a business discipline preferably in Accounting, Statistics or Computer Science and a minimum of 7 years exempt experience in accounting, credit, collections, analytics, financial statement analysis and/or a technology related role is recommended. Advanced Degree in quantitative discipline strongly preferred. Previous exempt work experience must be progressively increasing in responsibility and accountability and demonstrate an ability to gain in knowledge, skills and responsibility such that a level of full competency can be reached.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .