Join the team that helps build a better world. We’re looking for passionate, savvy interns to join our communications team this summer!
About Caterpillar: We are the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We also offer cutting edge technologies and business services that help our customers build the roads, buildings and infrastructure around the world.
About the Job: A Communications Intern will join the Caterpillar Remanufacturing Division and work with a fun, energetic team to develop internal and external communications. Caterpillar interns are challenged with real world projects and assignments that add value to the business and develop professional skills. While with us, a communication intern will contribute to projects involving:
- Working with leaders to build and execute creative communication plans and strategies
- Writing and copy editing internal and external communications
- Supporting channel strategy and video production
- Creating eye-catching visual communications
Our work environment is friendly, fast-paced and constantly changing. If you want to help us do the work that helps our customers build a better world, apply!
Besides exciting work, Corporate Interns will experience :
Tours of manufacturing and research facilities
Various social events
Networking with leadership
Intern roundtable discussions
Career discussion with leaders and experts
Resume and mock interviews
… and more!
Summer 2022 interns will work 40 hours a week from May 16 to August 5, 2022.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume, writing / project samples and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
Internship Program Qualifications:
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, four-year accredited college or university or graduate school in one of the following degree programs: Communications, English, Marketing, or Business
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 Cumulative GPA (no rounding)
- Expected graduation: May 2023 and beyond
- Proficient in Office 365 tools: PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Yammer, Teams, etc.
- Must be located: Dallas, TX
Top candidates will also have:
- Strong editing and writing skills; proficient in AP style
- Natural collaborator with outstanding interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Previous internship experience in communications, marketing or business
- Visual communications experience; proficient in visual communications software/tools
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers .Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .