Numbers matter. So do relationships.
At Caterpillar, a career in accounting isn’t about numbers. It’s about helping us make smart, ethical financial decisions. You may not physically build Cat® products, but the guidance you provide helps make what we make possible. That’s why we seek accountants who operate with the highest levels of integrity—individuals with the skills and confidence to act as trusted advisors .
To independently perform staff level accounting functions that deal with accounting issues of normal complexity to support business processes and provide further experience with Caterpillar accounting practices. This position will provide technical expertise and will perform more complex accounting work that supports business processes and will demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well high levels of leadership and initiative. To manage the accurate and timely recording, summarization, and (if applicable) transmittal of all business information for the facilities or areas assigned.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS: Personnel:2- 4 salaried and management
Though organizations vary, incumbent typically provides first level of supervision with both technical and administrative responsibility for a team of salaried and management staff. Overall accounting policies have been prescribed, but there is a continual need to interpret, coordinate and record activities resulting from constantly changing business conditions. Incumbent has a comprehensive knowledge of the organization’s accounting processes & systems. Reporting directly to the incumbent are various levels of management accountants and salaried support positions.
Primary responsibilities for this position are divided into three areas:
• Works with selected financial systems, interpreting and adhering to Caterpillar’s general accounting practices and procedures, and supervises salaried and management personnel who perform accounting functions of varying complexity.
• Manages a small team and their related workload, prioritizes projects, assigns and reviews work, and controls the daily operating environment.
• Evaluates and reports on staff performance, participates in employee selection, provides career guidance and training direction, complies with personnel practices, and promotes team rewards and successes.
• Provides technical guidance and expertise to current team.
• Motivates team members to work towards individual and team goals and objectives and fosters an environment of teamwork and cooperation.
• Communicates effectively within the team and with internal and external customers and data providers.
• Understands and manages customer requirements and expectations.
• Serves as liaison between customer, team and data providers.
• Identifies and communicates goals and objectives of team.
• Provides services, makes recommendations and manages costs.
• Lead, overview, supporting and coordinate team efforts related to:
Month-end-Financial closing and accountable reporting including consolidation, analysis, and communication the
Forecasting & Budgeting process: Annual Busines Plan, Rolling Business Management (RBM´s), 5 Years forecasting, and other related. OPACC Improvement Agenda supporting (setup and monitoring target benefits). Daily, weekly, and monthly projections monitor to departmental expenses and operation results Vs the goal business providing guidance to leadership Ops team and supporting areas. Supporting local and accountable reporting simplification and data digitalization team and drive alignment on
Create a continued improvement environment through a process to inventory and prioritize ideas for simplification data digitalization including the assessment of impact & effort and timing.
Performing Complex Staff Work
• Provides technical guidance and expertise on highly complex accounting issues such as preparing financial results analysis for upper-level management, providing forecast data, etc.
• Leads initiatives outside team to represent the group (e.g., documenting processes, making presentations).
• Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of Caterpillar’s businesses, products, suppliers and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Accountant and/or Finance is required.
- 5 to 8 years of accounting, finance and costing experience is required.
- Strong knowledge on SAP system, reporting and analysis related.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, initiative, inter-personal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively
- Certifications on Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Management (CMA) are desired.
- English Advanced (80/90%)
All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .