Numbers matter. So do relationships.
At Caterpillar, a career in accounting isn’t about numbers. It’s about helping us make smart, ethical financial decisions. You may not physically build Cat® products, but the guidance you provide helps make what we make possible. That’s why we seek accountants who operate with the highest levels of integrity—individuals with the skills and confidence to act as trusted advisors .
To independently perform staff level accounting functions that deal with cost accounting and business analysis issues of normal complexity to support business processes and provide further experience with Caterpillar cost accounting and decision support practices. This position will provide technical expertise and will perform more complex accounting work that supports business processes and will demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well high levels of leadership and initiative.
- Annual Normals rates product costing, machine rate development, prepare business reason analysis change.
- Annual Standard Cost Review (SCR) & new product transfer prices setting and analysis, skills to explain business reason analysis.
- Establishing and monitoring targets on daily, weekly and monthly basis for key cost drivers (Operational vs Financials);
- Abnormals identification & reporting (According to Corporate cost methodology);
- Prime product and/or Enterprise Product Cost components monitoring (Unit of One analysis).
- Operations and/or product group budgeting and expense analysis.
- Standard and current cost grief resolution and putting actions to follow up items.
- Monitor and maintain costing system updated.
- Development enterprise cash flows (Investment analysis) with varying sensitivities.
- Determining Internal Rate of Return (IRR) for medium and high complexity projects
- Investment analysis to New Sourcing’s & New Products Introduction support including future cost, analysis and determine financial feasibility, should cost and alternative analyses.
- Regional profitability reporting and analysis.
- Advice and provide business support & cost guidance to multiple functional areas and levels of authority.
- Development and maintenance of internal controls, including SOX applicable in the processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Accountant, Finance and/or Business Administration
- 4 to 6 years of costing, accounting and finance experience is required.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, initiative, inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- English Advanced (80% / 90%)
All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .