Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
The senior controls engineer position within the Electric Drive Systems team will be responsible for powertrain controls design, development, simulation, and validation for Integrated Drivetrain products. The position will develop common, leveraged control features to support various electrified powertrain system architectures. The position will collaborate with a global team to solve technical problems and deliver on project goals, continually learn to stay abreast of innovative technology, and mentor team members. This role directly impacts Caterpillar current and future electrified powertrain products.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Develop powertrain controls requirements based on machine level performance requirements
· Develop common, leveraged control features for various electromechanical system architectures
· Leverage virtual product development for control system functional testing, powertrain optimization, and performance verification
· Develop and validate powertrain control features through simulation, lab, and machine development
· Coordinate control feature development to align with machine project timeline
· Collaborate with process partners to deliver high quality product
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Mechatronics, Computer, or Agricultural Engineering with 5 years engineering work experience
· 3+ years of experience with electromechanical, transmission, hybrid, or powertrain controls
· 3+ years of experience in model-based controls development using Matlab Simulink and Stateflow
· 3+ years of experience with virtual product development
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with strong communication skills
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
· PhD degree in Engineering with emphasis on controls
· Experience with classical control and modern control theory
· Experience with optimal control, adaptive control, model predictive control
· Experience with control software development tools and processes
· 3+ years of lab or machine development experience
· Experience with CAN development tools: Vector CANape, CANalyzer or ATI Vision
· Experience modelling physical systems
· This position is located in Mossville, IL
· Relocation assistance is available for this position
· Visa Sponsorship is available for this position
· This position will require up to 15% travel
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#LIRelocation is available for this position.Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .