Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best-in-class solutions, or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce, Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join RIOP on the Hydraulic Mining Shovels (HMS) team as a Life Cycle Specialist where you can have a significant impact. In this role, you will ensure the overall health and profitability of the HMS aftermarket parts business to achieve the Annual Business Plan (ABP).
You will also play a critical role to achieve targets that support Caterpillar’s services growth by executing strategies for all aspects of parts life cycle management. This would include managing NPI from an aftermarket perspective as well as a focus on ‘fix’ activities of legacy issues by identification and execution of opportunities across legacy parts. This position is also key in supporting OPACC-C growth by optimizing inventory and margin improvement through cost reductions and pricing reviews. Daily work would include but is not limited to, parts availability and inventory analysis, supporting NPI processes, and general/critical parts requests.
You will work closely with HMS Engineering, Product Support, NPI, and CPI teams and have responsibility for both current and legacy products. You’ll also work across matrix organizations and collaborate with PSLD, Supply Management Teams, Go-to-Market Teams (RISST), and Parts Pricing.
• Parts availability and inventory planning (turns, stocking decisions/requests).
• Execute NPI process steps for parts life cycle and the aftermarket (branding, margin, upgrades/retrofits, IP, parts stocking).
• Support collection and validation of repair options, intervals, and service data.
• Resolve parts-related issues directly impacting customers and dealers by engaging PSLD and other support organizations.
• Responsible for back-orders, service fill rates, and past dues.
• OPACC-C optimization using price, cost, and inventory levers.
• Liaison with cross Enterprise partners and component teams.
• Assist with prevention of parts proliferation.
• Provide support on various aftermarket projects.
• Respond to various parts requests (customer service, DSN, PSLD, procurement, engineering, CPI, NPI, etc.).
• Manage and resolve machine down / MEGA orders.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• 4 plus years of experience in Inventory Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, Field, or Procurement functional roles.
Top Candidate will also have:
Aftermarket background and/or Parts experience.
NPI and/or Services NPI process knowledge.
Expertise in service parts policies, procedures, and systems.
Specific HMS product knowledge.
Broad company knowledge with multiple functional areas such as procurement, field rep, inventory management, engineering, etc.
The location for this position is Tucson, AZ.
Domestic relocation assistance is available.
This position may require 15% travel.
Sponsorship is not available.
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world. Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-mediaRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .