Career Area:Information Analytics
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
As a data engineer, you will use methods in data engineering, cloud computing, and computer science to support application development, data pipelines, and automation routines for the Global Parts Pricing and Sales Variance team.
Job Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data engineer on the parts pricing analytics team
- Develop and support parts pricing analytic workflows in a dedicated AWS instance
- Implement parts pricing automation routines of medium to high complexity
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, data engineering, analytics or related fields
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, computer science, or analytics positions
- 3+ years of experience working in databases using SQL
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Master's degree in data engineering, computer science, analytics, or related field
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS cloud tools: Lambda, EMR, Spark, Athena, Glue
- 2+ years of experience developing data pipelines or automation routines in python/pyspark
- 2+ years of experience programming in Python with working knowledge of modern data engineering packages
- 2+ years of experience managing and deploying code through Azure Dev Ops or similar tool
- Comfortable managing git repositories and instructing others on version control
- Demonstrated interest in developing decision automation projects or other automation routines
- Preferred location: Peoria, IL
- Remote work is available within the United States
- Domestic relocation is available to those who qualify (Peoria, IL)
- "IL - Country of United States" is used for posting reason only.
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .