Communications Part Time Internship (Seguin/Schertz, Texas)
Join the team that helps build a better world. We’re looking for a passionate, communications – savvy intern to join our communications team!
About Caterpillar: We are the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We also offer cutting edge technologies and business services that help our customers build the roads, buildings and infrastructure around the world.
About the Job:
During the school year, this position is part time . Interns can work up to 32 hours per week. Specific days, times and location will be agreed to by the work director and chosen candidate. Time worked will be primarily during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm).
The position will convert to full time during the summer, working 40 hours per week from May 16th- August 5th, 2022.
The Industrial Power Systems Division team has an exciting opportunity for a Communication Intern located in Seguin, Texas or Schertz, Texas. As a Communication Intern at Caterpillar, you will assist the Industrial Power Systems Division with internal communications and community relations projects. While with us, a communication intern may be involved in the following:
- Writing and copy editing internal communications including articles and newsletters
- Supporting website strategy and maintenance
- Creating eye-catching visual communications
- Creating strategic business communications for executives
- Supporting community relations and Corporate Social Responsibility projects
- Developing communication plans and strategies
- Conducting communication channel audits
- Assisting with special projects as needed, including video, presentations, employee engagement and more
Caterpillar interns are challenged with real world projects and assignments that add value to the business and develop professional skills. This intern will have the opportunity to gain real-world experience at a Fortune 100 company. Our work environment is friendly, fast-paced and constantly changing. If you want to help us do the work that helps our customers build a better world, apply!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume, writing / project samples and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
Internship Program Qualifications:
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, four-year accredited college or university or graduate school in one of the following degree programs: Communications, Marketing or English
- Minimum 3.0/4.0 Cumulative GPA (no rounding)
- Expected graduation: December 2022 and beyond
- Proficient in Office 365 tools: PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Yammer, Teams, etc.
- Must be located within the Greater San Antonio Region for duration of internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation
Top candidates will also have:
- Strong editing and writing skills; proficient in AP style
- Natural collaborator with outstanding interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Previous internship experience in communications, marketing or business
- Visual communications experience; proficient in visual communications software/tools
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work. Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees. When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .