Career Area:Information Technology
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Role Overview: This IT Solutions Lead Role requires technical leadership in defining solutions for specific Siemens software modules and customized .NET applications.
This IT Solutions Lead role position requires proficiency in developing and supporting across functional lines with individuals assigned development projects.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work;
- Acts as team leader for development and support groups; provides programing and application/technical leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members;
- Works independently on Teamcenter modules, and customized .NET applications.
- Develops system modules or integrates infrastructure components based on requirements gathered from customers;
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results;
- Fully knowledgeable of the relevant programming languages, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems and cross platform infrastructure components; can provide training on these topics for others;
- Assists customers with documentation and usability efforts.
- Requires a relevant degree, technical certification, or equivalent experience.
- Incumbent should have experience in development in relevant programming languages (preferrable .NET); computing hardware and software; infrastructure elements and current development processes and tools.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Ability to analyze requirements and find gaps, identify customization as required, define options for customization and review the options with architect, high level design of the solution.
- Assist developers with coding when required and provide test script reviews, approve low level designs
- Understand fundamentals of Teamcenter, BMIDE(data modeling), TCIF/CPM knowledge, ITK customization.
Location: Mossville, Illinois or Remote within the United States
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .