Career Area:Marketing / Sales / Product Support
Caterpillar are expanding our MineStar® Command System to a number of key mining operations and have multiple opportunities for individuals seeking a new challenge in the mining industry. The Caterpillar Autonomous Truck Specialist is a site based role where you can work hand in hand with our customers.
Your role will be ensure the Command for Hauling equipment and system is working at its optimum performance, using your specialist knowledge and experience. You will troubleshoot issues in the field, and work with a multidisciplinary team to rectify faults. You also have the opportunity to identify improvement opportunities and work with the Caterpillar engineering team to drive product improvements.
This role will be well suited to someone who thrives on a challenge and enjoys driving continual improvement in the product. Full product training will be provided as part of your on boarding process, including our on-board networks/machine control systems and how to troubleshoot them.
We will offer you a dynamic team environment with great opportunities for personal development. As a recognised expert you will work together with our best Caterpillar engineers. Your career as an Autonomous Truck Specialist can take you anywhere within Caterpillar both inside and outside Australia.
Once you complete your training program, your job duties may include (but not limited to);
- Manage machine and system integration
- Identify field issues, troubleshoot and then track progress.
- Analyse data relating to Autonomous and base machine faults, including regular evaluation of the data accuracy and integrity of the system
- Work with the Engineering teams to provide input and develop a plan for system enhancements and upgrades
- Report on the working status of hardware and software of the Autonomous system to Engineering
- Understand the proper procedures in case of critical failures in the system
- Train other staff and mentor junior team members
- Thorough understanding of mechanical and/or electrical mining trucks
- Sound knowledge of off-board communications and experience with radios and networks
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering or prior experience developing or testing on-board machine control systems or off-board mine control systems
- Ability to integrate and maintain a complex electronic system on a machine utilizing schematic models.
- Analytical skills that can be used to troubleshoot electronic systems to understand root cause.
- Strong desire to assist in hands-on system installations.
- Motivated self-starter capable of working with others to complete all tasks accountable to them on time.
- On board experience with Mine Star will be highly desired.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .