Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
The Mapleton Foundry is one of the largest in the United States and home to the largest core making machine in the world! Working at the foundry is hard work that demands focus and safety, quality, and commitment to helping our customers build a better world.
With over 800 employees at the foundry we are looking for someone who can provide day-to-day technical foundry operations support by leveraging processes expertise, implementing tooling development, and continuous improvements to operational safety, quality, efficiency, and cost management.
The role will be a Foundry Manufacturing Engineer at the Mapleton Foundry, which includes:
- Direct operations day-to-day process support of molding line, pouring line or core room.
- Continuous process improvement projects including process-related scrap and rework reduction.
- Support operations continuous improvement (CI cards) to achieve safety goals, capacity requirements, product cost and quality commitments.
- The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others.
- The position is challenged to quickly identify and utilize 6 sigma problem solving methodology resolving problems.
- This position will run capital projects for new equipment installations
- This position requires a 4-year college degree in an appropriate engineering or technical discipline or 4+ years of relevant experience.
- 5 years of experience in a technical, operations or quality role or a Master's degree and 3+ years of experience a technical, operations or quality role.
Top Candidates May Have:
- Foundry process experience related to molding, core make, melting/holding furnaces, iron pouring or casting cleaning.
- This position is located in Mapleton, IL.
- Domestic Relocation is available for this position.
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
A Closer look into the Mapleton Facility
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .