Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World
As a Product Support Quality Manager for Wujiang sourced Mini Hydraulic Excavators (MHE), you will be responsible for protecting/serving/delighting Wujiang sourced MHE customers, as well as executing Building Construction Products (BCP) Division’s quality recipe 2.0, which is developing a plan to eliminate every internally and externally found defects, and support GCN and Southeast Asia market.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Improve Wujaing sourced products’ quality to meet the market’s needs. Communicate and promote the ZERO Defects quality philosophy and provide guidance to various quality process partners such as manufacturing, assembly, fabrication, supplier, logistics, commercial, quality, and field personnel.
- Lead a team to review all internal and external defects of the accountable product lines and develop an improvement plan for every defect through Continuous Product Improvement(CPI) & Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) processes. Those improvements are critical to ensure annual product quality improvement and warranty cost reduction.
- Accountable for executing RCCA, setting priorities, and establishing review schedules for product quality improvements.
- Responsible for providing quality improvement targets and engaging product reliability development for Wujiang and global Tracks Team’s new product development programs, through leveraging global quality systems or related processes i.e., Cost of Poor Quality, APQP, PPAP, MQ11005, and MQ12005, etc.
- Receive customer feedback, discuss with responsible work center for the improvement and provide feedback to the customer interfacing team. Be the contact for the day-to-day shop escalated quality issues, including coordinating the quality hold process due to quality and the rework needed.
- Conduct quality investigations to determine root cause, develop and implement solution plans.
- Work with suppliers to improve the quality of products delivered to the facility based on field feedback.
- Provide full support to the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
- Maintain and publish defect reports that are recorded and reported at all levels from the start of the line to the end customer.
- Develop, prioritize and implement strategies to address customer needs in GCN and Southeast Asia markets:
- Accountability for working with dealers and customers globally to monitor the overall product performance in reliability, durability, maintainability, and serviceability.
- Ability to manage sensitive customer data and discussions related to customer data.
- Accountability for refining, prioritizing, and organizing product problems for resolution from warranty claims, goodwill management, dealer input
- Monitoring warranty and goodwill globally to ensure accurate execution/ training and drive quality efforts to manage costs.
- Accountability for coordinating product problem investigation and resolution using Continuous Product Improvement (CPI), statistical analysis, physical testing, and analysis of field returns.
- Responsible for engineering design verification during New Product Introductions (NPI) including conducting supplier, manufacturing, and engineering design validation through NPI, field follows, and evaluating overall customer acceptance of the new product.
- Accountability for conducting serviceability and NPI pilot performance audits and providing input for the setting of product reliability, durability, and serviceability goals compared to initial NPI technical and functional specifications.
- Ensuring training and parts availability prior to NPI Product Launch.
- Accountability for reducing warranty costs and customer impact of field product problems by developing and initiating cost-justify field rework and product support programs.
- Accountability for initiating service publications to announce significant product improvements (via Service Magazine) and temporary field fix information (via Tech Info Bulletin).
- Accountability for issuing Parts Stock Authorization letters to meet demands due to new field requirements.
- Accountability for conducting dealer and customer visits to provide expert technical assistance on urgent field problems.
- Engage with Global Tracks Team, Global Component Groups, Global Quality resources, External Suppliers, and Global Facility Management.
- Provide leadership to a work unit of primarily management/professional employees where monitoring and reviewing work of team members is required as well as training, developing, and mentoring
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Manufacturing is required
- A minimum of 10 years of job-related experience in engineering or manufacturing or customer interfacing assignments
- Job holder initiates communication with others outside immediate workgroup to work on new ideas or to counsel others, etc. The ability to listen to others and English communication are important to the job.
Top candidates will also have:
- Understands Caterpillar Quality Management System
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills along with an understanding of how to leverage LEAN principles toward continuous improvement
- Knowledge of shop operations, hydraulic excavators, and dealer operations
- Project management skills
- Data analytics experience.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .